Friday, May 21, 2010

Sunburst Mirrors: A Love Hate Relationship

(click image to enlarge)

I looooooove sunburst mirrors. I mean- LOVE. And I happen to love them in gold *swoon*. Luckily for me, when I told my husband I had plans of putting one above the fireplace, he quickly quipped "Those round things? Oh god, I hate those." 

Wanting to know why & where in the world he would have ever found a hate for these stunning beauties, I asked why. His answer- "An ex girlfriend of mine when I was a kid...her parents had one in their house and I remember seeing it, & hating it.".


...oh geez.

So I put together a bevy of examples to prove to my husband that they don't have to look like the one his ex's parents had in the early 80's.  I mean...nothing fabulous came from the 80's. So I put my imagination to work, & I can definitely see why he'd remember them being not so "fab". 

As for me....they'll always be stunning, creative, sophisticated, & down right EYE-CATCHERS :)

From top left: 
Inspiration For Home Blog; Ruth & Ollie; Matthew Izzo ; Lisa Epley; Kellie Cashon @ Cashon & Co.; Shabby Slips- Dallas, Dovecote; Lisa Epley; Southern Accents; Stacey Hyde- Dallas; Graham & Green; Corbis; Kellie Cashon @ Cashon & Co.; Dec. 2005 Homes & Gardens Mag.; Phoebe Howard;

2 comments:

  1. I love your photographs...such a creative way to post on sunburst mirrors. You would be in heaven during antique week at Round Top, Texas...awesome displays of sunburst from many dealers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Isn't that funny? I definitely think this collage will sway him, that's really funny that he would remember something like that, though! I think sunbursts are lovely and would like one myself! So happy to find your little world here, I'm your newest follower! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete