Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

 To say that Christmas has come & gone this year just blows my mind. It's the one holiday I look forward to all year long, & POOF...it's gone. It comes & goes so fast doesn't it?

For the first time in my life, I burnt myself out on Christmas music. I started really early, & played in thru out the house, in my earphones, in the car, where ever I could listen-- it was on...

FOR 2 STRAIGHT MONTHS. 

I just absolutely love it! The caroles & jingles make my smile-- on the inside & out.
This year, I also hosted Christmas dinner. We had torrential down pours here all week leading up to the big day, & I had been gone most of the months prior, so when the week of the 20th came...it was crunch time, & oh how I love the chaos! The planning, the baking, the shopping & last but not least, the oven roaring early Christmas morning! 

It's my heaven.

This Christmas was definitely the best one to date. Having family over, with plenty of food & drink, lots of laughter, story telling & family firsts, I'm both happy & sad to leave this holiday season behind in 2010...

Can't wait for next years celebration!


 PREPARATION


Cleaning the stemware, pulling out the candles, the vases, etc.


Figuring out what will go where.


 THE SETTING'S


I picked up a "holiday swag" from Trader Joes for $4.99, & cut the wire off to use it's individual stems. I set up the appetizers on the kitchen island, & placed the pine sporaticaly  around the platters, then topped it off with glitter pine cones, mini ornaments, & votive's.  


I went to the local flower mart & picked up white cabbage, hydrangea & carnations. Plus some filler & stargazers for a little punch of color.   

FESTIVE DECOR



Pinecones & feathered birds added to my pre-lit wreaths. I also put together large ivory & gold glitter ribbons with what I had left over from years past, & attached them to the center of each wreath.


 My husband actually spotted these sea creature-like ornaments & I just had to have them. The have so much texture & sparkle. I can never get enough sparkle!


I absolutely love these birds. As you can see, I have them in both white & silver. They add the perfect amount of whimsy to my holiday decor. 


 The silver ornament you see here is actually a foot in length. I also have long mosaic mirrored icicles that I didn't put up this year-- come to think of it, I'm not sure why. I'm sure they'll be out in all their glory next year :)


AFTER 
CHRISTMAS
ARRANGEMENTS


After the party was over, & the kitchen was picked up, I gathered the pine & put it all in this vase. It's so bright & fans out quite large.




 I snagged these carnations, 25 ct. for $5. 
They remind me of peonys when I can't get them in the winter months.
After dismantling my 4 larger arrangements, I divided the carnations up & made 3 small arrangements for the breakfast nook table. Wouldn't these make a great centerpiece for a casual bridal shower?




(All photos: theplushpad.blogspot.com)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennelle!!!
    So happy to see you back in blogland where you belong:)
    I love your love of the holidays... it was a treat to see your preparations and hear what a success all your effort created for your family and friends!!
    I want to wish you a very Happy New Year and hope that maybe this might be the year we can actually meet in person!!!
    Lots of Love and Best Wishes in 2011
    XO

    ReplyDelete