Monday, June 21, 2010

Peonies & Lysianthus

I'm back, with another post dedicated entirely to flowers.  

I love having fresh flowers around the house, & for me...the more the merrier! 

As we were preparing for company yesterday, we swung by Trader Joe's to pick up some essentials & like clock work, I always stop at the front to check out their latest selection of flowers. 

This time I hit the jackpot. 5 peony stems, for $5.99?...absolutely!

Oh pink peonies, how I love thee :)



I put them in the center of the dinner table last night, & as we were all sitting around enjoying our dads on their special holiday, each bloom opened, and by the time we were thru with dessert they had all completely blossomed into these GIANT pink beauties.  

... and while I was at it, I couldn't help myself but pick up some equally beautiful lysianthus. They were too pretty to pass by.

Now, they happily sit on my desk where I can enjoy them to my big hearts content :)


(all images: theplushpad.blogspot.com)


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Poenies are one of my favorite flowers. The pink color is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have just discovered your blogs and love them... wonderful taste... xx

    ReplyDelete