Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ebay, 1 Great Find At A Time.

One of my favorite things to do online is to browse/shop Ebay. Partly because you never know what you'll find, and mostly because it's a one-stop-shop! The site is chalked full of the most unique finds, priced high to low. 

If you're any sort of treasure hunter/bargain hunter/ or heck even a (literal) hunter, you'll find it there.

Recently I came across some pretty amazing pieces. Take a look...




First up is this French Chinoiserie Bombe Commode. This piece dates back to the 1920's era & could very well have been made by Maison Jensen.

I'm finding my interest in Asian (Chinoiserie) pieces growing more and more each day! They're just so beautiful. The detail, the scenes, the colors. The stories they tell! 




Next is this antique glass & brass pendant light. The leaf and scroll accents are what caught my eye. I haven't seen anything like it. It's vintage, art deco, and feminine all in one pretty pendant.
I saw this & thought WOW. THAT is a piece of furniture! Tucked away among the other listings this seller had, was this to-die-for French Louis XV Carved Baroque Gilded Frame. It's perfect at 37"L x 33"W :)









Pair of Italian hand carved alabaster candlesticks, inlaid with genuine malachite.

I happen to love anything malachite, so even though these don't have much- the pop of green is just enough.







Pair of "Pinkie & Blue Boy" Gold Framed prints.

I absolutely LOVE this set. The frames. The boy. The girl. They're not painted together in one piece, but when I look at them, all I think of is romance.



2 comments:

  1. You are quite the ebay sleuth!!
    You have champagne taste my sweet :)
    A stunning selection!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THE GILDED FRAME IS WORTH?
    i HAVE BEEN HUNTING FOR ONE LIKE THIS FOR A LNG TIME!
    kjhansen72824@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete