Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

Today, my husband & I went out to grab some lunch & check out some antique/furniture stores. As of today, we've never had a formal dining table. Not because we don't like sitting down at a beautiful table to eat dinner, but because I never found the table. I've looked high & low, in between & all around, & could never settle on one I loved. (I refused to buy a cheap set that would "hold us over" in fear that we'd have it forever). So we went out in hopes of seeing something we'd like...

A new store opened in town, by interior designer Cheryl Collins; she carries the most exquisite, unique, & rare pieces of furniture. I just knew I would fall in love with something the second I stepped foot inside. ...and I did.  With about 30 different things! I slowly made my way towards the back of the store, & heard my husband call out "Hey Babe, there's a table over here!". I hurried back & as I rounded the corner, my heart skipped a beat. ...Cheryl came over & gave me the break down. 

She said Baker.  I thought SOLD.

So as of today, my very first dining set is a Regency Style, Baker Split-Pedestal Dining Table + 2 Arm Chairs & 4 Side Chairs in a Black Lacquer finish. Circa 1920-1950 :)

Oh happy day!...




Our new dining chairs. 
I couldn't get a proper of the table as it was in a corner; so those will  have to wait until it gets home :)



















(all images: theplushpad.blogspot.com)


6 comments:

  1. w-w-w-w-wait....where is the pic of your dining table? it sounds too gorgeous not to share!!! please share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted some photos of the chairs. The table will photograph better with natural sunlight- outside the shop (ie. in my house ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I see them! am i a dork and maybe they just didn't finish loading from the first time i went. I bet that's what happened. They are absolutely gorgeous! Traditional with a sophisticated fresh kick! Good job! Isn't that fun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some days everything just seels to click! Anxious to see the table, the chairs are gorgeous.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Jenelle!
    It's a gorgeous set and definitely worth the wait!
    Enjoy:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Majesty,

    I am new to your blog and I just love love this post!! I am ga-ga over Regency and love your new chairs!!! I wish I was there to pick out some new items too:)) Enjoy your new set and may your serve many wonderful meals on it and have long lasting memories. And most of all I hope that you can pass it down to a loved one in your family:)) I am going to add your blog to my list as I know I will be back over and over!!

    Royal wishes,
    Daisy
    LaPetitPlume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete